Saturday, March 19, 2011

Prima for March

I have mentioned it a few times I am sure however it warrants saying it again... I love Prima, there flowers, there papers, there bling... Well I decided to play along this month for the great Build-A-Page contest that they have every moth... what a beautiful sketch they had to play with... well here see for yourself...


Here is my take on the sketch this month



The pics are of me and my daughter with our faces painted during my works Children's Christmas Party last year... I didn't have the right papers to scrap these pics so I was so happy when I got these gorgeous papers in this month's Swirlydoo kit!  I started with a Bazzill polkadot background Night Water is the color, I think, the Pattern Paper it Prima's Moulin Rouge Collection - Celeste  I also used one of the collections journaling card as a background for the main photo and as a title block.
I used a bunch of different Prima flowers on this page including a Caravan Nomad Rose, E-Line flowers Slate Blue and Tea Roses Peach Frost, The Gatsby Col Bay and Candy Gems - Fruity Tutti.  I added various Prima leaves to the cluster to fill it in and I also used there a section of some Prima Lace and Pearls in cream for the bottom border!  The pictures where taken at a Christmas Family Party with had at work.  I used some gesso around the photos to help them pop off the page a little more.  Say It In Pearls and Crystals collection flourish as well as the glitter alphas where coloured with my copic markers to help them tie into my colour scheme for this page.

Every month Prima always has there Product Pick and Palette's this month's colors were a little intimidating for me here is the palette...



Simply gorgeous but not a color that is plentiful in my stash  I tend to be drawn to vintagy colors and of course with a 10 year old daughter lots of pinks and purples... I did however have some of the Jack and Jill papers that I simply had to have and I've been hoarding them... shame on me!!  LOL!  But it's a good think I had them here is what I came up with



This is my darling daughter and sweetest nephew hamming it up for me.  Aren't they so sweet, lol!  The pattern paper is Jack and Jill - Sugar Skies, I used some cream cardstock which I stamped with the Prima Moulin Rouge - Acrylic stamp with Pealed Paint distress inks, I would dab a little ink off the stamp each time so that the pattern was distressed and uneven.  I fussy cut Jack and Jill and there sweet puppy from the pattern paper to use as an embellishment they are pop dotted for dimension.  I also used some old prima packaging to add some interest to the pics.  It is truly odd for me to do a page without flowers or bling but I like the simplicity of it.

The page was based on the sketch over at ScrapFIT Workout 40 - Super Sketch to the rescue this month!  What awesome prizes they have, you should really check it out if you haven't yet.  I am also playing with Lasting Memories Challenge 29 - Green & White I'm hoping that the cream is OK mixed in with the green and white.


Well that is it for today!  Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle! Of course it's ok! As long as we see green and white on there, you're good and these LO's are FANTASTIC! I LOVE that top one! Those flowers...wow and amazing take on that sketch!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is gorgeous on both pages. I love all the details and flowers on the first layout. It's beautiful. Your 2nd layout is so fun. Great photos of the kids and I love the green borders you used around the photos. Nice job and thanks for playing with us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun LO - love those funny faces! Thanks for joining the Workout at ScrapFIT!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl go with the flowers on your first layout. Great green themed project too. Thanks for sharing at Lasting Memories.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! I love the funny face photos! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of green!!! I love your layout! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pages, the second one is too funny,. super cute and gorgeous greens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny faces they are...thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little faces! I like the Jack and Jill, too! Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete