Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Scrapbook Paradise - Scraplift

This week, Carla, over at Scrapbook Paradise challenged us to scraplift a card that she created.  It is a beautiful card you can find it here.  Well I was a little intimidated when I was looking at it as I couldn't figure out how I was going to recreate this gorgeous card so I decided not to try... instead I used the shape of the card and the colors as inspiration, here is what I came up with

I went a little nuts with the flowers and gems, here is a secret (they help to cover up my mistake by taking some of the focus away from the image) I am convinced that there are no mistakes in scrapbooking only opportunities to over embellish... LOL.  I had a little mishap with the stamped image... it was not supposed to be so sparkly... I had paper pieced the umbrella, the coat and the boots in a pale yellow which I loved I used some perfect pearls on the button of the coat but then I forgot that I had done that and I grabbed the image smearing the silver all over the image... it looked bad!!!  I thought I could salvage the image by adding the silver to all the yellow pieces so that it at least all matched.  After it was done I hated it... I was about to through the whole thing when it occurred to me... everything looks better with glitter, I took out my stickles and well it isn't perfect but I don't hate it anymore and it does this really cool thing depending on which way you look at it is is very glittery or very shimmery depending how the light hits the card... My daughter loves it and to tell you the truth it is starting to grow on me.

Here is a close-up of the image.



Don't forget blogger friends to check back here on Friday, I will be sharing my project as play along with the design team for challenge #5, I know I said this before but I'm so happy to get to play with them.

7 comments:

  1. awesome card. Congratulations on being in the semifinalist for Heartfelt Creations. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card, I love the colours and flowers! You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your card is awesome and I love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...how cute is that??? Love it Joelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous, love the colours they blend beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Joelle! I just love all the goodies you've put on this card! Awesome! Thanks playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love the colors and your layout! Thanks for Playing in Paradise!

    ReplyDelete