Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's Wednesday!!

Well it is that day again and I'm honored to be able to share yet another project with you.  Today I'm sharing this page I created of my cousin and her new husband.  The new wedding collection is perfect for cards but it is just as perfect for scrapbooking pages.  This page is actually quite a simple design... a bit of paper and some stamps and that is it... so simple and yet I really love the way it came out.  Here is what the completed page looks like...



As always the details for how to complete this page are posted on the Heartfelt Creations Blog but I wanted to share some close ups and a few tips along the way.  Here is a close up of the bells that I colored in with the copic markers.  I used some manicure scissors to get in as close the flowers as possible.  Since the cardstock was white the bits and pieces around the image clashed with the rest of my page.  Tea die distress ink was perfect to match the beige of the background paper and the color is light enough to not interfere with the copic colors I had already applied.  My white pen was also great for the finishing work on these as it let me highlight around the bell and cover up little mistakes like color on the dangle part of the bell and the rim. 



The most complicated part of this project is the metal work so I just wanted to share a bit on how that was put together.  I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole at the top of the bells.  The Tim Holts lace chain package contains the chain... jump rings and some closure clasps.  I attached the closure clasps on the bells themselves and then added the chain to the clasps using the jump rings. The whole thing was attached up to the BoBunny broach with the jump rings as well.  In my opinion, it is those extra details that make the page extra special.


Last close up that I'm sharing is the scroll I love the combinations of copics with the distress inks it is so simple yet so pretty.

I was amazed that I could do a page without adding my usual flowers.  I really fought the urge to add more to the page but figured that adding more would take away from what was already there... Maybe less is more sometimes... still I ended up with something that I love.  I love experimenting and trying to do things differently it lets me grow as an artist so I hope I have inspired you to try something different and to push yourself out of your comfort zone every once in a while.  You never know you might discover that not every page needs flowers.  LOL!  But most due… so tune in next week to see what I came up with...

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this, what you did with the bells is incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite beautiful! So much attention to detail. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another beautiful layout, Joelle. I love that chain you used to hang the wedding bells from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late getting to visit everyone's blogs! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Joelle! I love all the embellishments and your design.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete